Casement Sash Limiters
We are happy to announce the availability of the Truth SafeGard™ Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) option for our casement windows.
Every year thousands of children in the United States are injured from falling out windows. Our new casement sash limiter meets the IBC code requirements for ASTM F2090-10 which addresses window fall prevention. This device helps protect against potential falls by children through open windows while still meeting egress requirements.
ASTM-compliant window opening control devices:
- Allow a window to be opened less than 4 inches with 60-lbf direct force applied.
- Allow a window to be fully opened if needed as a means of escape or rescue in an emergency with no more than 15lbf of force.
- Require two actions to open the window fully for egress purposes.
- Require the action to be performed without the use of keys, tools or special knowledge.
- Reset automatically every time the window is opened.
In addition to sash limiters for our casement windows, we also carry a night latch vent stop for our double hung windows.